Conveyancing Supervisor – Academy
The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
Job Title: Conveyancing Supervisor – Academy
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00
Reports to: Academy Director
To tutor, train and assess trainees to achieve in a work-based environment. The Academy Conveyancing Supervisor is pivotal in the day-to-day operations of the Trainee Conveyancer Academy, and accordingly will need to exercise supervision over; training, file management, auditing, legal advice, client service, and personnel, enabling Trainee Conveyancers to accomplish company objectives by training and supervising new team members to reach a required benchmark as set out by the Head of Department. The ideal person for this role will be a Licensed Conveyancer who has qualified through the CLC route or cross-qualified via CILEX and is eager to develop their skills outside of the fee-earning role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving individual and cohort targets for performance and learning.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing technical/legal support and guidance to the individuals within the Cohort.
- To manage case capacities within the team and escalate issues to Senior Management without delay
- Working with the Learning & Development Manager to ensure that each individual has a tailored Training Plan with key training targets agreed/achieved within defined timescales.
- Ensuring that the individuals within their Cohort comply with all Convey Law practices and policies and are working effectively.
- To provide training on all aspects of the junior conveyancing process to include Searches, Sale Enquiries, Title Checking, Exchange, and Completion.
- Providing employees and learners with prompt, accurate, and constructive written feedback.
- Maintaining high staff morale and engagement with each other and the collective company objectives – leading by example, being an exemplary role model, and providing a positive outlook at all times.
- Provide quality service by instilling and displaying Convey Law values in every communication you are part of.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring Convey Law policies are followed, but also by identifying wellbeing issues that may be affecting your cohort.
- Identifying and resolving workplace issues that may arise.
- Manage your own continuous professional development by undertaking training or activities.
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals, and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed