The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Work from home
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00
Reports to: Group IT Director
An exciting opportunity exists to join an industry-leading PropTech company based in Newport, South Wales for a talented and enthusiastic Java Developer to join our growing IT and Development team. To support the Group IT Director by providing competent and efficient development and programming skills for both internal and external web-based products. This is an exciting role in developing systems to support cutting-edge technology within the sphere of legal conveyancing systems, Digital Client ID, and Client-facing Technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking sometimes basic requirements from stakeholders and documenting them into a formal specification.
- Develop and maintain new and existing systems in accordance with stakeholder’s specifications.
- Advise as appropriate, on design and development issues.
- Meeting deadlines in delivery of systems and documentation as required for the company or 3rd parties.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimum supervision.
Minimum 5 years Experience
- Java 8+
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- APIs – specifically REST and SOAP
- HTML, XML & CSS
- Maven / Git
- Exposure to Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure to AngularJS / Angular2+
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals, and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed