The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
Job Title: Trainee Conveyancer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £19,000.00 to £25,000.00
Reports to: Academy Director
To be successful for this position, you must have at least 3 months of experience working within a law firm. Any sector within law will be considered.
An exciting opportunity exists to join an innovative, award-winning, and industry-leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales. Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting exceptional and driven individuals committed to building a rewarding career as a Conveyancer.
You may be already working in a conveyancing department and looking to further your career and have a passion for delivering great service and have a desire to embark on a career that is both rewarding and exciting. You must have a willingness to learn, be results-driven and be calm under pressure. The successful candidates will join our in-house Training Academy dealing with all aspects of a residential sale and purchase, from initial instruction to completion.
You will be enrolled on the SQA Approved Conveyancing Academy Paralegal and Trainee Conveyancer courses. You will be working in a friendly, highly supervised environment where candidates have a fantastic opportunity to progress in their careers.
A law degree is not essential but desirable. The role will progress to a qualified Licensed Conveyancer.
Following appropriate training, you will be required:
- To be responsible for running a small number of files under Supervision, increasing in capacity and complexity as you become experienced.
- To learn the Conveyancing Protocol using company Best Practice.
- To provide exceptional quality of service that is accurate and well informed.
- To proactively pick up the phone to clients and be their professional advisor
- To establish and manage clients’ expectations.
- To complete the Conveyancing Academy Training Programme.
- To ensure our introducers receive exceptional professional service at all times.
Following the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, you will be required to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Review & link incoming posts to the relevant files
- Updating Case Status effectively in order to assist with Introducer updates
- Deal with Welcome Packs and initial call to Client
- Use Live Reports to advise on required KPIs
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy Guidelines
- Following the Convey Law policy for Protocol.
- Ensuring all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to the close of business on each working day
- Ordering Property Searches
- Dealing with Notices and certificates of compliance
- Preparing Statement of Accounts
- Undertaking Completion Day procedures
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts sale files
- Effecting Exchange of Contracts purchase files
- Providing regular and relevant Introducer updates
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals, and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed